Please read the following information which specifically details all the important changes we have made to the clinic during the Covid-19 pandemic. These changes have been mandatory to ensure everyone adheres to the strict social distancing and public health guidelines.
Below, you will find a list of “Covid-19 Screening Questions”. Please answer them Yes or No to yourself (we don’t need you to contact us with the answers) before proceeding. You will be contacted 24 hours BEFORE your appointment to answer the same questions and on arrival at the clinic.
You will also find the details of the “Consent Form”, which you MUST read before booking an appointment. If you have any concerns or questions about this Consent Form, or about attending the clinic for any reason for your scheduled appointment, you MUST call the clinic at least 24 HOURS before your appointment to discuss this with the Chiropractor.
COVID-19 SCREENING QUESTIONS:
Do you, or anyone else you live with currently have, or had any of the following symptoms in the last 14 days :
- High temperature/fever (over 37.4)
- A new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual).
- A loss or change in your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you can’t smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal.
Also new skin rash questions:
- Any new skin rash anywhere on the body (especially hands/feet), which may or may not be itchy.
- Any swelling of the lips/eyelids
- Red/purple bumps on fingers/toes which may be sore, but not usually itchy (especially more common in younger people)
- Have you experienced any other cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (ie, fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)
IF NO, PLEASE CONTINUE.
- Have you, or anyone in your household been contacted by the Covid-19 ‘Test & Protect’ (Scotland) or ‘Track & Trace’ (England) schemes in the last 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone outside your family household with any of the above symptoms?
- Are you aware of being in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 in the last 14 days?
- Have you cared for someone diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you been abroad or on a flight in the last 14 days? Where and when did you return?
You are advised to wait 14 days before attending the clinic on return from abroad.
Have You Been In The ‘High Risk’ or ‘Moderate Risk’ Shielding Category For Any Of The Following Reasons?
- Have you had an organ transplant?
- Are you undergoing any cancer treatment (chemotherapy, antibody treatment or immunotherapy)?
- Are you going through radiotherapy for lung cancer?
- Are you having any targeted cancer treatments that can affect the immune system (protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors)?
- Do you have blood or bone marrow cancer (ie leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma)?
- Have you had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant in the past 6 months, or still taking any immunosuppressant drugs)?
- Have you been told by a doctor you have a severe lung condition (ie, cystic fibrosis, severe asthma, or severe COPD)
- Do you have a condition that means you have a high risk of getting infections (ie, SCID or sickle cell anaemia)?
- Are you taking any medications which make you more likely to get infections (ie, high dose of steriods or immunosuppressant drugs)?
- Do you have a serious heart condition?
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you over 70 years old
- Have you got a lung condition that is NOT severe (ie, asthma, COPD, Emphysema, Bronchitis)
- Have a heart condition( ie, heart failure)
- Have diabetes
- Have chronic kidney disease
- Have a liver disease (ie, hepatitis)
- Have a condition affecting the brain or nerves (ie Parkinsons, motor neurone disease, MS or cerebral palsy)
- Have a condition that means you have a high risk of getting infections
- Are you taking any medicine that can affect the immune system (ie, low doses of steroids)
- Are you very obese (BMI over 40)
- Are you pregnant
IF YOU ANSWER YES TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CALL THE CLINIC 0131 629 4142 or email email@example.com
THIS CONSENT MUST be reads carefully and discuss it with your Chiropractor
The day BEFORE YOU ATTEND THE CLINIC FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT
We will have these Consent Forms printed at reception and we will ask you to sign it on your arrival at the clinic before your appointment.
“Valid Consent to Chiropractic Treatment In regard to COVID-19 RISK OF TRANSMISSION
During these times of uncertainty surrounding the COVID-19 outbreak, we felt it necessary to share
this information with you and inform you of the action steps we’re taking to keep you and the rest of our community safe and healthy.
Our patients’ health and wellbeing are our number one priority. We are taking extra precautions to maintain a healthy and safe environment for healing. These include, but are not limited to, sanitizing frequently touched objects such as adjusting tables and equipment after each patient, door handles, credit card machines and light switches. We are also regularly washing and sanitizing our hands with soap and water. The Chiropractor will be wearing PPE in line with Public health guidelines (ie, mask, gloves, apron, and also a visor if required). We are rigorously following the guidelines laid out by the Government, our Statutory Regulator, the General Chiropractic Council, and our professional associations. We wish to keep our team and our community of patients safe during this time.
We have requested that any symptomatic patients follow NHS guidance and stay away from visiting the practice at this time. Whilst our practice has taken every further precaution to limit your risk of exposure to COVID-19, we cannot guarantee that there is no risk to you as a result of attending the clinic and/or receiving treatment.
How does COVID-19 spread?
This virus appears to be very contagious. It is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person through people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) or through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Whilst it is currently thought that people are most contagious when they are most symptomatic, it is possible some spread might be possible by people with no symptoms.
You are in the “at risk” group if you
- Older adult – aged 70 or over
- Have a long-term health condition such as heart disease, diabetes and lung disease
- Are pregnant
- Have a weakened immune system
If you are in the ‘at-risk’ group, you are strongly advised to read this document and discuss any questions or concerns with your Chiropractor
BEFORE YOU ATTEND THE CLINIC FOR YOUR APPOINTMENT to make an informed decision if you wish to attend the clinic.
- I understand that there is a risk of transmission of COVID-19 (coronavirus) as a result of attending ABC Chiropractic clinic and / or receiving treatment.
- I consent to the chiropractic examination, x-rays or treatment(s) offered or recommended to me by my clinician.
- I understand that I can choose to change my appointment to another date without incurring any costs if a 24-hour notice is given to ABC Chiropractic in advance of the scheduled appointment.
I acknowledge I have discussed, or have been given the opportunity to discuss, with my Chiropractor the nature of the contents of this consent and have had the opportunity to ask all the questions I wish to at this time.
On Arrival At The Clinic:
- Please DO NOT arrive more than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time.
- Please note that we will NOT be able to see any patients who arrive LATE to their scheduled appointment. You will need to CALL the clinic to reschedule your appointment. This is to ensure that no two patients are in the clinic at any one time in line with current guidelines.
- On arrival at the clinic, please remain in your vehicle and call the clinic on 0131 629 4142. Please do not just come into the clinic if you have not been advised that it is safe to do so.
- If you have arrived by taxi then you MUST remain in the taxi and call the clinic before leaving the vehicle, in case you need to wait outside until it is safe to enter the clinic.
- Someone from the clinic will take your call, or call you back if need be, to advise you when it is safe to enter the clinic.
- At the entrance to the clinic, you will be buzzed in with the intercom system, as the door is permanently locked.
- You MUST wear a facemask on arrival to the clinic, and it must be worn at ALL times within the clinic. If you do not have one with you, a surgical mask can be purchased at reception for £1.
- You will be advised by staff to remove and hang up any jackets or loose clothing at reception if required and then to use that hand sanitiser available at reception.
- You will then be directed to stand on a specific ‘Stand Here’ floor sign at the reception desk, where you will be asked some Covid-19 Screening questions. This will need to be signed and dated.
- If this is your first visit since the lockdown, you will need to sign and date a Consent Form. This Consent Form is listed here for you to read and agree to in advance before attending the clinic.
- You will then have your temperature checked using a non-contact infra-red thermometer.
- You will then be asked to wait in the waiting room, noting the social distance floor markings, until the Chiropractor is ready for you.
Please also note the following IMPORTANT changes within clinic:
- There are currently NO public toilet facilities available at this time.
- There will be NO drinking water facilities. We ask that you bring your own filled water bottle with you to your appointment.
- Unfortunately, at this time, we can NOT allow you to wait inside the clinic after your appointment for taxis or pick-ups etc.
- Payment is by card or contactless only and no cash will be accepted.
- If you require receipts for insurance purposes, these must be asked for in advance of your appointment and will be emailed to you.
- ONLY THE PATEINT WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE CLINIC FOR THEIR APPOINTMENT.
- We can NOT allow family members or children to attend the clinic with you. Unless this is for specific medical reasons which will need to be agreed in advance with the Chiropractor.
- Currently our online booking system is not available. Your next follow-up appointment can be booked at reception after your appointment in clinic that day.
We know this is a daunting time, but if everyone keeps to the above procedures, it will ensure everyone’s safety within the clinic and reduce any risk of infection.
We look forward to welcoming you to the clinic and seeing you soon and Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.